Friday, February 22, 2008

HER BIG DAY!


She is my thirteen year old niece. Her name is Sharmine Rose. She is the oldest of all my nieces and nephews. She spent most of her days and nights with me since she was a kid back in the Philippines. She used to be my helper in all my paper works. She volunteered to help checking my pupils’ test papers and etcetera. She is so proud to say these, “Auntie, I am like you.” “I wanted to be a teacher like you.” Isn’t that sweet? Yes, it is. I really want to watch her grow everyday. But I chose to be away from her, away from my family, away from my friends and away from the people who care for me because of one person who will complete my life, MY HUSBAND. And I made the right choice. From leaving them and be with the LOVE OF MY LIFE, I am able to help them in financial way.

Sharmine joins a beauty pageant (sort of) in her school and today is the big day. And yet, the most important experience she ever have in her life being a young. And I missed it. I am so sad because I can’t be there to support her and to cheer her up. But, she may win or not win in this contest, in my heart, she is always be a winner to me. Sad.... sad... sad..

No comments: